Friday, April 03, 2009

The countdown begins...

19 days approximately until the due date. I'm not going to do a countdown, but rather wanted a reason to post and put up a few pictures since it's been so long. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of me (because I'm generally the one behind the camera, of course) but I'll make Aaron take one soon. But since I brought up the countdown, I did have a visit to the doctor Tuesday and I have started dilating. Only 1 centimeter so far, but I am sure my body will slowly progress. Seeing as I have about 19 days, we're not too worried. This coming Tuesday we're having an ultrasound to check on Emery's size. Since I was the average size with Joseph's pregnancy but still managed to have a 9 lb. baby my doctor thinks it will be helpful to check on Emery too. I remember them saying I was "all baby" last time, and now I know why they say that. I may not be gigantic (I've seen a few of those pregnant types and I tell ya, I didn't know pregnant women could do that) but that doesn't stop our babies from filling out. I tell Aaron that my body must know something I don't. I figure if my tummy just got a little bit bigger the baby would have more room and I might be a bit more comfortable. However, maybe if my tummy got bigger, I wouldn't be able to stand up straight, or I'd just fall over. Or maybe I'd have horrible back problems. I am only 5'3 mind you. Anyway, that's the pregnancy countdown news. I'll update next week after the ultrasound and let you all know how big we think she might be (they're only so accurate, but do give you a good idea if you should expect "big"). Well, here's a few pictures of Joseph. Enjoy!He made this tower all by himself.Joseph and I doing some painting and sponge-lettering.

5 comments:

Eris aka Mom said...

He is such a big boy! Can't wait to see the Julie pictures, make sure you have Aaron take some.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I miss you so much! I'm so happy for you!!! =) Love, Tintin

Barbara said...

Joseph is so big and grown-up looking! It seems like your pregnancy has gone by really fast. It always seems that way when you are far away. I sent a present for Emery with your mom when they were here for Soren's wedding. Mailing things is so prohibitively expensive that we only do it when there is no other alternative.

Stacie said...

I can't believe how big Joseph looks. He doesn't look like a toddler anymore!

Stacie

Tim, Anna, and Abram Denney said...

Joseph looks like he is really tall from the top picture. He is definitely looking like a little boy and sounds like he is ready to be a big brother. : ) He looks a lot like Aaron.