Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Big Steps

So we've got some pictures leftover from Christmas break that weren't off the camera yet, as well as the latest and greatest. This is what we've been up to, and how we've been surviving the winter.


Joseph's absolute favorite thing to do is build caves.


Aaron had his 28th birthday. Happy Birthday! And no, we didn't make him blow out all the candles. Julie just thought it would be funny to stuff all 28 candles onto the tiny slice of carrot cake.


We took Joseph on his first real sledding trip. He had a blast! We ended finding a pretty good spot and spent a lot of time going up and down. Emery was a doll and sat bundled up in her stroller the whole time.


We made a point to prepare him for wiping out, worried it would make him sad or not like sledding. Thanks to our preparation, he loves wiping out! As long as it doesn't happen too fast. He now tells us when we go sledding, "It's okay to fall down."


We also had a great opportunity to drive down to Missoula and see Julie's Grandma Burnham. Travis and Heather flew her out to Missoula for a week and so we drove down the day she arrived to meet her at the airport. We had a really nice visit.


Emery starting standing while we were visiting with Grandma Burnham. She was so excited about what she was doing. It was really funny. Excuse my (Julie) loud voice during the video. She was right next to me and I was backed up to the couch, so I couldn't get good footage of her. But you can see how excited she was.

Just the other day Emery started taking steps. Right before the video she took one step, then Julie got her taking one small step in the video. After this, she took single steps a few more times, and once, took about 4 steps (although 3 were with the same foot, in a row.). We're still so proud of our little walking girl! We know it won't be long before she decides she wants to do this all the time too. We imagine she'll be prancing around by Julie's birthday.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Your kiddos have the best smiles in the world! Thanks for the pics!

Anonymous said...

tooo cute! I am in love with your kids! I miss you sweetie! I hope all is well! I think of you guys all of the time! I wish you all a Happy Chinese New Years! It falls on Feb.14th. It is the Year of the Tiger! =)

Love,
Tintin

Stephanie said...

Joseph and Grandma have the same smile!