Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What's new

Well, since our last post we have managed to come up with more important news and changes. First, the latest on Joseph. He is growing so fast. As of his last doctors appointment at the end of September, he was 14 lbs. 4 oz. and 25 inches long. He had his first set of vaccinations and did really well. He is getting more and more interactive, smiling often. He's also starting to experiment with sounds and noises. We enjoy how he is growing and changing. As difficult as it is when we still don't get a full nights sleep, Joseph is a joy. Joseph has had a few more trips to the beach. He still hasn't learned how to quite enjoy it, but he has time. Joseph also experienced his first camp fire. He actually did enjoy this one too, because he was awake almost the whole time. We've learned he really likes being outdoors. It keeps him really calm. Joseph also has become quite the observer. He loves to look around and see new things. Here are some random bits of information about Joseph. We thought he had a really pronounced outtie belly button. But it turns out he has a herniated umbilical cord. Our pediatrician assured us that as he gets older and his stomach muscles grow stronger it will suck his belly button in and look very normal. Joseph has also taken very much to laying on Aaron's chest. Julie tries it, but he just doesn't fit quite as nicely on her as he does on Aaron. Below is a picture of Joseph in his new church clothes. We think he looks very nice in his pin stripe pants. He is going to have a formal picture taken in those clothes as well. We will share those with you all after they are taken.
For those of you who don't know, we are going to be moving quite soon. Our last day in Ventura is October 28th. We are going to be moving in with Julie's parents temporarily until a specific apartment complex has an opening. Our plans for Pomona are the following: Aaron just took the CBEST, which is a standardized test for those who want to substitute teach. We are quite confident that he will come through with a passing score. Then he will be able to substitute teach. Julie's mother Eris works as an office manager at Pueblo Elementary School. The principal there has told Aaron that if he is able to substitute teach she will get him work every day.
For news outside of our little bubble, Julie's sister Heidi is pregnant! She is expecting in May. We are so excited for her and Ryan. Somewhat older news (I don't think we've mentioned it yet) Julie's brother Justin and his wife Brittny are expecting their second girl in January. Her name will be Emma. Here is a picture from the end of September when Joseph was just two months old. I forced all the kids to gather on the couch for a picture so I can start documenting how they are growing. It's neat to see. In this picture, from left to right, are Brayden (8 months), Riley (10 months), Joseph (2 months), Cardon (14 months), and Ashley (10 months). In not so good news, a good friend of Stephanie and Nathan's, Tyler Stanger, recently passed away in an airplane accident with baseball player Corey Lidle. He was married, with a one year old girl and baby on the way. It was a most tragic accident, and we would ask you all to keep his wife Stephanie and family in your prayers. I hope we haven't forgotten to share any news. We try to keep everyone up to date, on both sides of the family! We love you all very much, we miss you when you are far away and love when you are close.

2 comments:

Jewels said...

Love the blog. Joseph is a cutie! I'm so fortunate to get to have him as a roomie!! I'm looking forward to having all of you here.

Love, Mom

Jewels said...

Thank you for telling your stories. I can't believe how much he is growing! I'm so sorry for not being able to share these wonderful momments with you. Yes, Life is so busy right now. But as soon as I find time I will come see u and Joey! I miss you so much! I love you too! ((HUGG)) =)